Home Care Assistants
Our certified Home Care Assistants offer a wide variety of home care services and support such as cooking, bathing, dressing, grooming and grocery shopping. From personal care to light housekeeping, they can help you, a family member or friend enjoy a safe and secure life while staying at home. Our staff recognizes when our clients and/or their families need an extra voice and be your advocate.
Our home care assistants provide valuable companionship. We recognize the importance of keeping connected to your community and encourage participation in recreational activities and events. Shopping, baking and playing Rummy together is a great way to keep both your body and mind active.
Our Certified staff is trained in Food Safe, First Aid and CPR, Dementia and Alzheimer’s care. Many of our staff participates in our continued education programs, completing workshops such as the Seniors Fitness and Functionality Exercise Program.
Our home care assistants come from diverse backgrounds and speak many languages. They respect the cultural differences and unique needs of each client and design their clients’ home care plan to reflect this. Our staff will prepare authentic delicious meals and even their clients’ favorite recipes. Our staff helps our clients to observe holiday traditions and can accompany their clients’ to religious services and ceremonies.
“The Purpose of our lives is to be happy”
– Dalai Lama –
Our home care assistants can help with:
- Personal care
- Overnight Support
- Medication assistance and management – complimentary consultation with a Nurse once a month
- Brain Games
- Bathing assistance
- Assistance with meals
- Preparing nutritious meals
- Extra support when you are feeling under the weather – flu or short term illness, from heating up your warm bag to preparing homemade chicken soup
- Bed making
- Incontinence recognition and support
- Partner for games, activities and hobbies
- Light housekeeping
- Escorting to appointments and social engagements
- In-hospital support and advocacy
- Post-operative support in hospital and home
- Respite support for family and friends
- Dementia Care
- Seniors Fitness and Functionality Assistance