Our certified Home Care Assistants offer a wide variety of home care services and support, such as personal care, bathing, dressing, grooming, medication reminders and escorts to appointments. They also assist with domestic supports such as meal preparation, light housekeeping and grocery shopping. They can help you, a family member or friend enjoy a safe and secure life while staying at home.
What Makes Our Senior Home Care Services Unique
All of our Home Care Assistants have completed a certified training program specially designed to work with seniors.
We hire Home Care Assistants from a variety of cultural backgrounds and can accommodate different language needs.
We work together with the community to provide additional health and wellness programs to help support active aging for seniors.
Homecare West Home Care Assistants are trained in Food Safe, First Aid and CPR, Dementia, and Alzheimer’s care. They participate in our continued educational programs such as the Seniors Fitness and Functionality Exercise Program and Falls Prevention workshop.
Our Home Care Assistants provide valuable companionship. We recognize the importance of keeping connected to your community and encouraging recreational activities and events. Shopping, baking and playing games together are a great way to keep both your body and mind active.
Our Home Care Assistants come from diverse backgrounds and speak many languages. They respect the cultural differences and unique needs of each client and design their clients’ home care plan to reflect this. They can prepare authentic delicious meals and favorite recipes, and assist our clients to observe holiday traditions and accompany them to religious services and ceremonies.
“The Purpose of our lives is to be happy” – Dalai Lama –
Our home care assistants can help with:
- Personal care
- Medication assistance and management
- Brain Games
- Bathing assistance
- Assistance with meals
- Preparing nutritious meals
- Extra support when you are feeling under the weather – flu or short term illness, from heating up your warm bag to preparing homemade chicken soup
- Bed making
- Incontinence recognition and support
- Partner for games, activities and hobbies
- Light housekeeping
- Escorting to appointments and social engagements
- Overnight Support
- In-hospital support and advocacy
- Pre-and Post-operative support in hospital and home
- Respite support for family and friends
- Dementia Care
- Seniors Fitness and Functionality Assistance
- Palliative Care
Why choose Homecare West?
Homecare West is a locally owned and operated senior home care service provider in Metro Vancouver. Since 2004, we have been providing senior home care with a difference, offering a 360-degree approach to help seniors work toward health, mobility and social goals.
Our 360-degree approach to senior home care make us unique by:
- taking the time to understand your needs and helping to create a plan or enhance your existing home care services.
- building a one-to-one care plan specially designed to suit your needs
- providing flexible services that range from Home Care Assistants to Live in care from 2 hours to 24 hours.
- matching the client with the right caregiver to ensure a successful relationship
- providing continued home support
- offering guidance on equipment and technology
- connecting you with our community programs such as seniors’ chair yoga