Our live-in support for Seniors will enable you or your loved one to stay at home safely in a familiar and relaxed surrounding, supported by your fully trained and insured caregiver.
What Makes Our Senior Home Care Services Unique
All of our Home Care Assistants have completed a certified training program specially designed to work with seniors.
We hire Home Care Assistants from a variety of cultural backgrounds.
We work together with the community to provide additional health and wellness programs to help support active aging for seniors.
What is Live-in Support
Your live-in caregiver may provide personal care, housekeeping, meal preparation and companionship, presenting an alternative solution to residential care.
Staying in your own home with live-in support can be part of your aging in place plan that can empower you or your loved one to retain control and independence.
Experience has shown us that finding the right person for your live-in support is the most important factor. Your professional live-in support caregiver works with you to meet your personal needs and wishes.
By working together with our client and their family and or friends we can develop an individually customized home care plan with routines and preferences for meals, eating times, hobbies, rest time and established medication. Helping our clients to maintain community engagement and social activities is important therefore taking special care and time to prioritize what is important to you while designing the home care plan is primary.
Homecare West supports a variety of wellness programs in different locations, those of which may be accessed by our clients free of charge and many of our caregivers are certified to support and demonstrate fitness and functionality programs within our clients’ homes.
As your needs change, for many different reasons, our live-in support services has the flexibility to evolve with you.
Avoid the do-it-yourself risks, and experience the safety and security of a professional company managing your live-in care.
- 24-hour On-Call Coordinator assistance
- Short and long term support
- Professionally trained staff are insured and covered by WCB
- Criminal record checked by the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General
- Consistent and continuous staffing with the ability to provide backup for illness and emergency
- Care provided by certified Health Care Assistants
Live-in Support; an Alternative to Care Homes
Live-in support offers many advantages over residential care homes. Most obviously the fact that you are able to stay at home in your familiar environment, rather than the physical and emotional upheaval of moving and adapting to a new and unfamiliar surroundings of a residential care home.
Our Live-In Support ensures that you are given specialized one-to-one attention throughout the entire day and night, if necessary. Your well-being is the focus for your live-in support activity and health plan.
Why choose Homecare West?
Homecare West is a locally owned and operated senior home care service provider in Metro Vancouver. Since 2004, we have been providing senior home care with a difference, offering a 360-degree approach to help seniors work toward health, mobility and social goals.
Our 360-degree approach to senior home care make us unique by:
- taking the time to understand your needs and helping to create a plan or enhance your existing home care services.
- building a one-to-one care plan specially designed to suit your needs
- providing flexible services that range from Home Care Assistants to Live in care from 2 hours to 24 hours.
- matching the client with the right caregiver to ensure a successful relationship
- providing continued home support
- offering guidance on equipment and technology
- connecting you with our community programs such as seniors’ chair yoga