Helping Someone With Alzheimer's
- Try not to change the environment unless it is unsafe
- Keep routines and schedules consistent
- Respond to feelings, acknowledge their concern
- Are they wearing their glasses/hearing aids?
- Is the lighting good?
- Offer reassurance
- Is the environment quiet & calm or noisy and busy, sometimes simply turning off the tv changes the mood?
- Poor nutrition and dehydration can play havoc on their wellbeing, remember to offer snacks and fluids regularly
- Always use gentle body language and a kind voice
- Don’t rush, take your time
Home Care Services
We offer a variety of senior home care services to help people at home in safety and comfort.