We offer a wide variety of home care assistance and support. Our certified Home Care Assistants can assist with personal care such as bathing, dressing and grooming as well as medication reminders and escorts to appointments. In addition they can assist with domestic support such as meal preparation, light housekeeping and grocery shopping and will help you, a family member or friend enjoy a safe and secure life while staying at home.
What Makes Our Senior Home Care Assistance Unique
All of our Home Care Assistants have completed a certified training program specially designed to work with seniors.
We hire Home Care Assistants from a variety of cultural backgrounds.
We work together with the community to provide additional health and wellness programs supporting active aging for seniors.
Homecare West Home Care Assistants are trained in Food Safe, First Aid and CPR, Dementia, and Alzheimer’s care. Furthermore, they participate in our continued educational programs such as the Seniors Fitness and Functionality Exercise Program and the Fall Prevention workshop.
We, at Homecare West, understand the importance of our client’s feeling safe and comfortable at home, and for those reasons, we offer customized home care services for seniors.
Our Home Care Assistants come from diverse backgrounds and speak many languages. They respect the cultural differences and unique needs of each client and design their clients’ home care plan to reflect this. They can prepare authentic delicious meals and favorite recipes, assist our clients to observe holiday traditions and accompany them to religious services and ceremonies.
“The Purpose of our lives is to be happy” – Dalai Lama –
Home Care Assistance Services
Our home care assistant can assist with the following services:
- Personal care
- Medication assistance and management
- Brain Games
- Bathing assistance
- Assistance with meals
- Preparing nutritious meals
- Extra support when you are feeling under the weather – flu or short-term illness. From heating up your warm bag to preparing homemade chicken soup.
- Bed making
- Incontinence recognition and support
- Partner for games, activities, and hobbies
- Light housekeeping
- Escorting to appointments and social engagements
- Overnight Support
- In-hospital support and advocacy
- Pre-and Post-operative support in hospital and home
- Respite support for family and friends
- Dementia Care
- Seniors Fitness and Functionality Assistance
- Palliative Care
Why choose Homecare West?
Homecare West is a locally owned and operated senior home care service provider in Metro Vancouver. We have been providing senior home care since 2004 and offer a 360-degree approach to help seniors work toward health, mobility and social goals.
Our 360-degree approach to senior home care makes us unique by:
- taking the time to understand your needs and helping to create a plan or enhance your existing home care services.
- building a one-to-one care plan specially designed to suit your needs
- providing flexible services that range from Home Care Assistance to Live-in care from 2 hours to 24 hours.
- matching the client with the right caregiver to ensure a successful relationship
- providing continued home support
- offering guidance on equipment and technology
- connecting you with our community programs, e.g seniors’ chair yoga
Staying independent is integral to living well at home. For this reason, Homecare West offers different free fun activities for seniors. Joining our classes is a great way to maintain mobility and balance, meet new friends and help to keep you active in a fun social environment.
Activity and social engagement are directly linked to our mental and physical wellbeing, please check our Senior Activities Calendar for more details and registration.