We offer Social Companionship Services for seniors that will support a healthy balance of independence and social interaction.
Let our social companions at Homecare West help your loved ones with the simple but important things, like conversation, games, walks, or even a trip to the movies. Homecare West is here to support seniors and offer them the best social companionship services any way we can.
What Makes Our Senior Social Companion Unique
All of our Home Care Assistants have completed a certified training program specially designed to work with seniors.
We hire Home Care Assistants from a variety of cultural backgrounds.
We work together with the community to provide additional health and wellness programs supporting active aging for seniors.
Seniors Companionship is as important as assisting with medication reminders, housekeeping, and other needs that seniors may have. We at Homecare West know how essential a little walk and a little talk is for all of us and especially for seniors. Our Social Companions offer valuable companionship services for seniors and they can be there for them whenever help is needed.
We also recognize the importance of keeping connected to your community. Therefore we encourage recreational activities and events in addition to shopping, baking, and playing games together which are a great way to keep both your body and mind active.
“The Purpose of our lives is to be happy” – Dalai Lama –
Social Companionship Services
Our home social companion can assist with the following services:
- Social Conversation and discussion
- Crafting and playing games for brain and body stimulation and health
- Outings to encourage socialization and wellbeing
- Outdoor activities like gardening for fitness
- Walking outside to promote an active lifestyle
Why choose Homecare West?
Homecare West is a locally owned and operated senior home care service provider in Metro Vancouver. We have been providing senior home care since 2004 and offer a 360-degree approach to help seniors work toward health, mobility and social goals.
Our 360-degree approach to senior home care makes us unique by:
- taking the time to understand your needs and helping to create a plan or enhance your existing home care services.
- building a one-to-one care plan specially designed to suit your needs
- providing flexible services that range from Home Care Assistance to Live-in care from 2 hours to 24 hours.
- matching the client with the right caregiver to ensure a successful relationship
- providing continued home support
- offering guidance on equipment and technology
- connecting you with our community programs, e.g seniors’ chair yoga
Staying independent is integral to living well at home. For this reason, Homecare West offers different free fun activities for seniors. Joining our classes is a great way to maintain mobility and balance, meet new friends and help to keep you active in a fun social environment.
Activity and social engagement are directly linked to our mental and physical wellbeing, please check our Senior Activities Calendar for more details and registration.